Monday, October 13, 2008

Cryx Update

Since being sick all of last week, I never got to post the previous week's update. So here is where I am from then to now.

Green Stuff Patching...and other fun:

Here are some pictures of my Slayer which I ended using up a lot of green stuff to get him to fit properly.


I had some extra GS mixed so I decided to add little flames to Goreshade's backpack,


...and decided to have my Deathwalker show off a little TnA >.> yeah I know... but if it ain't sexy, gorey or just down right cool, why paint it? It's a little hard to see from the pic, but she is a little "cold".



Deathrippers:
Pic of lodged bullets in the armor plates.


Base coats. ps. I hate metalics.



Washes.



Highlights and details.



I am ok with the way they turned out. I wish the light green would have came out better and I need to watch my washes a bit more. Other than that, I'm happy with them.

Next will be the Bane Thralls.
So bring on the C&C!
Just keep in mind, this is the first thing I have painted since a Space Marine over labor day. Prior to that? Years ago I dipped and flicked my first nid army.

ps. I hate metalics...

4 comments:

Shane Irons said...

Dude they look really good. Man, I had no clue you had a Deathjack that fit together that poorly :(

1havok12 said...

Thanks dude. I appreciate it.

Mike "Warboss" Jackson said...

you can actually layer the washes on to darken it some more. That is the nice part of those new washes. I really like overall feel of your models too. Not too dark, and a dark base or volcanic base will really make it POP

1havok12 said...

I took a look at the models again last night and I think the "lightness" of the metalics is due to not having mat varnish on the models yet. They look darker in person.