Monday, July 21, 2008

Humar the Pridelord, TAMED! xD

From the moment I started playing a Nelf Hunter I knew I wanted Humar the Pridelord as a pet. Well, this past weekend, I found myself hitting level 26 and decided I better go try and get him now before I get to far ahead, otherwise it would be a pain to try and level him up since he is level 23. So before I logged out, I decided to go camp his spawn point and see if there was any competition hunting him too. Turns out there was. There was a Belf Hunter running around with no pet. Since hunters rely on their pets for many different reasons, this could only mean one thing: He was hunting Humar too. This area of the Barrens is Horde territory and this hunter was not flagged for PVP. So I got to thinking, how could I get him to attack me so I could dispose of him?...

So here was my plan: Tame a lion, name him Humar, hide him in the bushes so all you could see was his name, put him on defensive and tell him to stay. Meanwhile, I'm in Shadowmeld in the tree above him. Since most hunters use Concussion shot before trying to tame, all he would have to do was shoot it and he would be flaggedd for PVP. >=)
So I waited there for about 15 min to see if the Belf would come back and be so excited about seeing the name Humar on the screen to act out before inspecting the lion...He didn't come back...
BUT LQQK WHO DID! o.O <3
I set a freezing trap near me on the tree, shot him with Concussion shot and began the tame! The other lions didn't like me capturing their lord.
WOOT!!! NEW PET!!!

-1havok12

No comments: