Monday, September 8, 2008

Good News & Bad News

So let's recap the weekend shall we?


The Good News:

1:) I got my paining area set up

2:) Got some paining done...well...kinda. My daughter and I painted dragons. =)

3:) Came across a few new ideas and trying to incorporate them into the overall plan.


4:) I also came across a bin of bits for my Tyranids and found a bunch of the Devourers so my shooty bug list might actually work.



The Bad News:

1:) "Count As" army list. I was reading over the Grey Knights Codex and found out that there are no Librarians or Chaplains. These characters are only in Space Marine lists. So now I have a conflict. I want to model a librarian and chaplain but the glove mounted bolters are only for Grey Knights. One option is to play them as Grey Knights and just have one look like a Librarian and one look like a Chaplain but both play as normal Grey Knights. The other is to play them as Space Marines which would mean that all of the glove mounted guns wouldn't be the correct ones used by the models. The glove mounted gun is a stormbolter where as a character model such as my librarian, comander, seargent and chaplain carry a bolt pistol as a standard weapon. The troops carry the two handed bolter. All three weapons, the stormbolter, bolt pistol and bolter all play different in the game. I haven't checked yet to see if I can upgrade the characters to stormbolters yet. One possible solution would be to use these guys as terminators in a 1,500pts Space Marine List. I will have to explore this option later.

1 comment:

Shane Irons said...

I am envious. I want my own painting area. Guess I have to wait until November. Good idea teach your daughter to paint and maybe you have a painted army one day :)