Thursday, September 11, 2008

Updates on Material Arrival and New Ideas

So far I have received my tools from Gale Force 9 and my Casting kit which arrived last night. Still waiting on plastic card and bits before I can start.

I am going to build a rogue! Thinking of using the all back gear set with the white skull on the face mask with a epic sword and dagger combo. The grey knights have cult assassins which play just like a rogue in wow! Poison tips on the blades, can disengage from close combat, infiltrate, etc.

I have decided to make a my special weapon carriers in terminator armor. A few adjustments to their size and accessories on their back and they will be identifiable. They will all be male. The Grey Knight troops will be both male and female. I will probably give the females the psycannons so they stand out.

Bases and squad markings. Combining a idea from Shane and Mike, I will be basing each unit to look like they are walking on a stone tile walkway. I will be painting the paladin aura animation on the tile around my model's feet to signify which unit they belong too. For example, I will use the Retribution Aura animation on the bases for my grey knight troops and combine roman numerals into the design so I wil have Retribution Squad I and Retribution Squad II. Sanctity aura wil be used for my HQ, etc. I will also me naming my tanks Hammer of Wrath and Avenger's Shield.

Most of these ideas are for the 2k pt list, but the design will be incorporated within my 500 pt list as well.

No comments: