Monday, September 22, 2008

Mold Results

It is frusterating when you spend so much time on something and it just doesn't work out...

1) Removing the mold from the mold box


2) Cracking open the mold


3) Clean up


4) Results from first cast. This is the only model that came out pretty good.




The rest ended up like this. They would be good for an undead army >.>


Everything is on hold till I get this figured out. The life of the resin makes it extremely hard to get into place before curing. 25 seconds of mixing leaves about 20 more seconds to get it into place before it starts to react.

Options: 1) chill the resin making it's life expectancy increase, or 2) do two 1 Part Molds and glue them together which will be a real bitch.

2 comments:

Shane Irons said...

Wow, that seems like a ton of work. Would it be better/cheaper tp make each models mold individually? If that stuff is expensive it seems you would have less waste?

1havok12 said...

I don't know what is the best way to go from here. The problem as I see it is that the air does not have enough room to move out of the mold before the curing starts. I think I am going to try and do two 1 Part Molds this weekend for one model and see how that turns out. This sucks that this didn't turn out the way I wanted. I was really wanting to nail this down so the next one would be flawless.